ADSM-L

Re: Few questions about TSM and Solaris

2005-01-19 12:10:21
Subject: Re: Few questions about TSM and Solaris
From: Andreas Almroth <almrot_a AT MTNCAMEROON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:09:24 +0100
Hi,

Chernyaev Sergey wrote:
Hello!

Environment: TSM 5.2.2.0 on SunOS 5.9

Questions:
1. How I can start or restart TSM? On Linux I'm use "service dsmserv
restart" for example. On Solaris was runned script named "addtoinit"
from TSM directory.

I removed the entry from inittab and created a rc script in /etc/rc3.d
instead. Use something like;
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
start)
        nohup /usr/bin/dsmserv >/dev/null 2>&1  &
        ;;
stop)
        pkill dsmserv
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

pkill is bad, perhaps you should create a batch job and run dsmadmc to
halt the server...

I don't know why the installation bothers with inittab. From SunOS 5.3
to 5.9 the use of rc scripts is the preferred method. In SunOS 5.10 this
changes drastically though.

2. Periodically I can't connect to TSM through web-interface or admin
command-line. But dsmserv is runned on server. No errors in dsmserv.err
or in actlog. Any ideas?

Never seen this though. Proxy browser problems?

Thanks

/Andreas