ADSM-L

Client return codes 4 and 8 - Can I safely ignore them?

2005-01-19 04:28:56
Subject: Client return codes 4 and 8 - Can I safely ignore them?
From: Davis Adrian <Adrian.Davis AT UK.FUJITSU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:28:34 -0000
We are currently implementing Tivoli Sotage Manager and I want the simplest
method to check for client errors for scripting purposes...

We've had a number of return code 4 ("File not found") and return code 8
("Session lost" -> "Session reestablished") errors. These don't seem to be
important, and I feel I can consider them to be warnings.

Are there any reasons that I may get a return code of 4 or 8 that really is
an error which has effected the "usefulness" of the backup?

Many Thanks,
   =Adrian=