ADSM-L

Server to server with different managementclasses

2005-01-19 01:14:03
Subject: Server to server with different managementclasses
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:12:39 +1000
Hi All,

TSM for windows 5.3

I'm trying to set up server to server to allow electronic vaulting and remote
database backups.  I'd like the database and the copypool data to go to
different management classes on the remote server - Why? - because the remote
site will likely not be manned when a database restore is performed and so I'd
like the DB backups to remain on disk/in the tape library whereas the copypool
data is essentially write-only and can afford to be taken out of the library
much earlier, as it is unlikely ever to be read.

In the usual case on the receiving end, the sending server is allocated to a
domain and its data all goes into the default archive management class for that
domain.

Is there any way to differentiate this data? I note that there is a facility to
provide a node name  when defining server to server for virtual volumes, but I
can't get my head around how to use it.

Regards

Steve.

Steve Harris
TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or
lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is
transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in
error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return
email.  You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.