ADSM-L

dbb & dbsnapshots

2005-01-17 15:21:24
Subject: dbb & dbsnapshots
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:21:03 -0500
Hello All!

I just thought I would ask what everyone's standards are concerning
database backups and database snapshots.  My thoughts on this are to keep
14 days worth of database backups  which will be sent offsite and to allow
DRM to delete old dbb.  I was then thinking of taking dbsnapshots once/day
for onsite database backup restore in case of an immediate onsite emergency
and keeping 7 dbsnapshots and deleting them by running del volh
type=dbsnapshot todate=today-7.

Any discussions/suggestions on this topic are appreciated.  Thank you!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603