ADSM-L

Re: SV: V5.3 client and Netware 6.0

2005-01-17 15:05:04
Subject: Re: SV: V5.3 client and Netware 6.0
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:03:51 -0600
TSA600 isn't supported anymore on NW6, and it's never been supported on NW6.5,
so you run it at your own risk now.  You are correct that there was never a
TSA650, they called it TSAFS instead.  I've found it pretty safe to run the
newest versions of TSAFS, you just have to be careful sometimes to set the
cache memory allocation for it to be under 25%.  There's several TID's about it
on support.novell.com.

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> zforray AT VCU DOT EDU 1/17/2005 11:35:52 AM >>>
I agree. There have been numerous discussions and recommendations to avoid
TSAFS and continue to use TSANDS/TSA600.

Speaking of, AFAIK, the TSA modules for NW 6 and 6.5 are the same. I don't
recall seen a TSA650 ??

Troy Frank < Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU >
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" < ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU >
01/17/2005 09:24 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" < ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU >

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: SV: V5.3 client and Netware 6.0

I could be wrong, but I always got the impression that more problems
started with the NW6.5 TSAFS.
They seem to be mostly ironed out now though.

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Troy Frank
>Netware 6 is scheduled for End of Life on 11/1/05. Since it's
>still got almost a year left, I'm a little curious why it's
>not supported also.
> http://support.novell.com/lifecycle/forecast.html

This reminds me of the situation about TSM client support for NetWare 5.0.
Novell placed a very quick end-of-life to this version as well; those who
ever used it know why. As a result, TSM client versions 4 & 5 have never
supported NW 5.0. The same situation may be true here; weren't there a
pile of troubles with the versions of TSA that came with 6.0?

--
Mark Stapleton (stapleton AT berbee DOT com )
Berbee Information Networks

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.