ADSM-L

Re: TSM RECOVERY LOG mode (TSM server windows 2000)

2005-01-17 12:36:33
Subject: Re: TSM RECOVERY LOG mode (TSM server windows 2000)
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:36:17 -0700
Luc,

> P.S. : is there precaution that I should take before changing the mode

The best advice I can give is that you review the TSM Administrator's
Guide. The chapter on "Protecting and Recovering Your Server" includes
information on roll forward mode. You should also look up the SET LOGMODE
command in the Administrator's Reference and not only review that command,
but the other commands that are related to SET LOGMODE (as described in
the SET LOGMODE reference info).

This will give you a better context for understanding the benefits and
ramifications of using roll forward mode (which is strongly recommended).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/17/2005
10:04:47: