ADSM-L

Re: Getting TSM to show the l1 or l2 suffix on tape names

2005-01-16 14:58:06
Subject: Re: Getting TSM to show the l1 or l2 suffix on tape names
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:57:54 -0600

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of David Longo
>I seem to recall there is a setting on the LTO library itself
>as to whether it passes the suffix as part of the label name
>to external apps.

Assuming that this is an IBM 3583 library (please, please send details
when describing a problem):

There is a setting on the library front panel to set the tape volume
display mode to NORMAL (no L1 or L2 tags) or EXTENDED. I can't remember
where it is; you're best off digging up your manual and reading it.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627