ADSM-L

Management class issue.

2005-01-14 14:18:05
Subject: Management class issue.
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:18:00 -0600
Simple version:
Is there any way to rebind Archives?

More Detailed Version:

I have an AIX 5.1 server with TSM 5.2.1.1 currently installed.
And a mixed environment OS and client version wise.

The overall goal of this project I am in is to simplify the current
management class and storage pool structure. We currently have 1 policy
domain and 15 different Management classes with a BUCG and ARCG
specified and used in each. We have 8 disk storage pools with the same
number of tape and copy pools. We were having some trouble with data
going where it didn't belong management class wise.
This as you can guess made for a nightmarish DR Test.
Now we are looking to break those management classes out into 4 policy
domains with only 1 BUCG under each and 4 disk, tape and copy pools.
The catch is this we have Archives for some of the Nodes that we need to
move to the new Policy Domain that are retained for No Limit, 2 years,
90 Days ...etc. Is there a way to rebind Archives? The new policy domain
will not have the same Management class name.... unless totally
necessary.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

immediately.

Thank you.