ADSM-L

Re: Enabling caching to shorten housekeeping

2005-01-14 05:42:41
Subject: Re: Enabling caching to shorten housekeeping
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:43:24 +0100
Hi Jurjen!
No, that's not what I'm seeing. I have seen that TSM does not handle
allocation failures properly. I removed file volumes and directories after
creation and started a new backup. This backup runs into a rc 2 (File or
directory not found) which is correct, but the volumes are never updated to
read-only or, better yet, unavailable. Also, TSM forever keeps on trying to
create new files in the non existing path.
I have not tried pre-defined file volumes yet, hopefully TSM handles them
better, otherwise we maybe have to reconsider our design. That's definitely
not what I want :-((
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines