ADSM-L

Re: PowerVault 132T and Dell 110T LTO2 drives problem

2005-01-13 13:52:28
Subject: Re: PowerVault 132T and Dell 110T LTO2 drives problem
From: Martin Trcka <trcka AT GCSYSTEM DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:52:03 +0100
Hi Pablo,
thanks for your reply.

To aswer your question - yes, before I've tried to label volumes, the
library inventory was empty due to the fact that I removed library
definitions from TSM several times and that causes library inventory to
be emptied.

S pozdravem / Best Regards,

Martin Trcka, IT Consultant
Tech. Support Department
GC System a.s., Spitalka 41, 60200 Brno, Czech Rep.
mob: +420 602 452 361
fax: +420 543 537 333
email: trcka AT gcsystem DOT cz

Pablo Wolinski napsal(a):

Hello Martin,

Did you take the tapes off the library? using:

checkout libvol storagetek-l80  tapebarcodename  remove=no force=yes

I remember having to checkout all the tapes and physically remove them for the
library (they where many to take out in bunches of 5), the run an audit lib so
TSM find it empty and after that I could load the tapes with the label
search=bulk command directly, putting them in the entry slots of the library.
This was a storagetek library doh...

After that my science ends :-(

Hope you have luck, tell us if you could solve this.

Pablito.