ADSM-L

Re: Media issue

2005-01-13 13:22:52
Subject: Re: Media issue
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:22:35 -0900
Might be nice to know what kind of backup. Database, stgpool, client, etc.?

Giglio, Paul wrote:

Hi everybody

Maybe somebody has seen this problem and has a fix

We are running a mix in our site of as400 and aix
TSM 5.2
Tape systems are 3590s

PROBLEM: When a backup encounters a bad media tape it ends the backup but
does not try to restart on another media.
Instead the operators have to restart it manually.
This is only happening on the 400 side so far

Does anybody have a suggestion on how we can have this restart automatically
?

Regards
Paul giglio
EMI Records

Music from EMI

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender
immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The
unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly
forbidden. If you need assistance please contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group plc.

Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW

Registered in England No 229231.

--

Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783
State of Alaska, Enterprise Technology Services, Technical Services Section