ADSM-L

Re: upgrade path from 3590E to 3592

2005-01-13 10:09:08
Subject: Re: upgrade path from 3590E to 3592
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:03:00 -0500
I posted the following message a couple of months ago and a lot of you
helped me out.  Looks like we will have the funding for converting
one D12 to D22 with two 3592 drives this fiscal year.  However,
management wants to purchase only 100 3592 tapes this year.  My question is:

Can 3590 and 3592 tapes coexist in the same D22?  A D22 has 335 slots.
I want to fill it with 100 3592 tapes and 235 3590 tapes.  Is this
config supported?  The 3494 is very full.  I can use every single slot.

Also, can we convert the L12 before the D12?  The two 3590 drives in the L12
are the oldest and the most problematic.  I want to get rid of them first.

Thanks,
Eliza