ADSM-L

Does updating the RETVer for an archive copygroup change existing archives RETVer

2005-01-11 10:53:51
Subject: Does updating the RETVer for an archive copygroup change existing archives RETVer
From: Robert Knutsen <robertk AT URS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:53:13 -0700
I am thinking of implementing a weekly and monthly archive in the same
copygroup.  I would set the RETVer option to 30 day for weekly backups
then run an scheduled administration command to update the RETVer to 365
for monthly archives.  My question is, would making this change update the
existing archives (ie. update 30 day RETVer existing archives to 365
RETVer)  that have different RETVer's?  Additionally, do I have to
activate the policy before this would take effect for the next archive?

Thanks to all that respond ....

Gratefully,
Robert Knutsen