ADSM-L

[no subject]

2005-01-10 15:03:07
From: Adrie van Tuyl <vantuyl AT XS4ALL DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:03:03 +0100
At 20:17 1/10/2005, you wrote:
For what it is worth we just moved our 3584 from St Louis MO to Cincinnati
Ohio.  We left all of the tapes in the library and added some that we had
been storing onsite also to the library.  When we brought things back up we
did a audit library and then a checkin search=yes status=private.  It worked

The correct order would be:

audit library
checkin search=yes status=scratch
checkin search=yes status=private

When doing checkin status=private first, all your scratch tapes wille be
checked in private and disappear from your scratchpool....

OTOH, if you put back the same tapes you removed, the tapes are still
checked in as far as tsm is concerned, only in different slots.... a
checkin private would not do much harm to your already checked in scratch
tapes....
In all other cases (manually adding tapes which were not previously checked
in), and to be on the safe side (ie when there are accidently scratch tapes
in your lib which are not checked in) do the check-in in the suggested order!

Adrie

very well for us.