ADSM-L

Re: configuring tape library in TIVOLI

2005-01-07 02:10:34
Subject: Re: configuring tape library in TIVOLI
From: Geetha Thanu <geeta AT CDFD.ORG DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:39:52 -0800
Hi,

The device driver TIVsmSdev is installed.

since StorEdge is a non IBM machine I have to edit the configuration files
in /usr/kernel/drv

But I am having a confusion here.

According to the manual the drive is added by the following command

/usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/mt

and it says the device file for the drives can be seen as
/devices/../mt@x,0:mt or as /dev/rmt/xmt format..

But in solaris by default(I have not given add_drv command yet)
the drives are represented as below

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Oct 18 16:06 1 ->
../../devices/sbus@3,0/QLGC,isp@0,100
00/st@2,0:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48 Oct 18 16:06 1b ->
../../devices/sbus@3,0/QLGC,isp@0,10
000/st@2,0:b

that is something as /dev/rmt/st@..
something  as /dev/rmt/mt

How to proceed.shall i give th add_drv command.Waiting for your help to
configure the library and drive.

Thanks

Geetha Thanu