ADSM-L

Re: Move vols from I/O on 3584

2005-01-06 15:26:05
Subject: Re: Move vols from I/O on 3584
From: fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:25:50 -0600
Tried that.  The CHECKIN LIBVOLUME process starts with ANR8425I...

Never mind.  I found it.  The Request # is in the text of ANR8373I, which
asks for the volumes to be placed in the slot.  My script writer will have
to figure this one out.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of fred johanson
>The Operations manual for the 3584 Library says to use "host
>application software move the cartridges into the library"
>after the operator puts them in the slot.  The only place from
>TSM that I can figure this could work is when the operators'
>return script get to
>
>                 move drm * wherest=courierr tost=onsiter.
>
>Will this get the carts from the slot to the robot?  If so,
>should I add a "cmdfile=..." to the move command and then a
>"Checki libv &vol..." to the script?

The

  move drm * wherest=courierr tost=onsiter

command merely moves the volumes from private to scratch status--no
more. Once the above command is completed, you then run

  checkin libv <library> search=bulk status=scratch checkl=barcode

This of course assumes that you have put the tapes into the I/O slots in
the library.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627

Fred Johanson