ADSM-L

Re: Creating a copy storage pool with a different retention time

2005-01-06 08:09:17
Subject: Re: Creating a copy storage pool with a different retention time
From: "Weinstein, Stephen" <Weinstein AT DOR.STATE.MA DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:08:51 -0500
In order to save tapes. Managements would like to make 2 copies of files to go
offsite to iron mountain.  One copy would be sent off
daily and we would like
It to be returned in 14 days with a retention of 14 days.  The other copy will
be sent off weekly and have a retention of 1 year.
The only thing I can think of
So far is when a daily offsite tape is returned from iron mountain, I could do
a discard data to free up that tape, but I would like
a better way.

steve