ADSM-L

Re: Domino TDP command expired 3 of 4 inactive backup versions

2004-12-28 13:04:03
Subject: Re: Domino TDP command expired 3 of 4 inactive backup versions
From: Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:03:52 -0800
The incremental commmand inactivates any active database
backups on the TSM server that are excluded from backup.
The dsmtest.opt file inactivates all databases in the
mail directory. Domino databases are stored by their
relative names in the TSM server so relative names
must be used on the include/exclude statements. The
leading '\' should be removed.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/22/2004
07:01:36 AM:

> I ran the command file which is executed when my TDP for domino gets
> scheduled.  I substituted a different dsm.opt file to exclude the mail
> files.  After the incremental backup ran, it expired all but 2 backup
> version of my mail files.  It is though it had changed the number of
> backup version to keep.  Last night it backed up again but did not
> increase the number of versions held on the tsm server.   All the other
> Domino data bases are keeping the default 4 versions.   In addition,
when
> I issue the command  on the server 'show versions node * '  all the
Domino