ADSM-L

Re: client 'set access' command

2004-12-23 15:54:15
Subject: Re: client 'set access' command
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:53:57 -0700
> By 'disrupt' I mean moving a node to another server...
> I presume renaming the node would preserve the 'set
> access' rules.

I checked this out myself, and renaming a node does seem to result in loss
of previously granted access. I have opened up a defect with server
development for this, as this behavior seems incorrect to me.

> No select that I can issue to see what they've done?

Well, you said you were already going after the actlog, so there's that
SELECT you can do (which I figured you were already doing from your
original post). But the table that houses the access rules is not exposed
via SELECT, so there is no direct method for an admin to see who has
granted access to whom.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck