ADSM-L

Domino TDP command expired 3 of 4 inactive backup versions

2004-12-22 10:02:09
Subject: Domino TDP command expired 3 of 4 inactive backup versions
From: Robert Knutsen <robertk AT URS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:01:36 -0700
I ran the command file which is executed when my TDP for domino gets
scheduled.  I substituted a different dsm.opt file to exclude the mail
files.  After the incremental backup ran, it expired all but 2 backup
version of my mail files.  It is though it had changed the number of
backup version to keep.  Last night it backed up again but did not
increase the number of versions held on the tsm server.   All the other
Domino data bases are keeping the default 4 versions.   In addition, when
I issue the command  on the server 'show versions node * '  all the Domino
data bases are attached to the same (default) management class.

command executed via a command file;

start domdsmc Incremental * /SUBDir=Yes /adsmoptfile=dsmtest.opt
/logfile=C:\TSMLog\domtest.log >> domtest.log

dsmtest.opt

ExCLUDE \*
EXCLUDE log.nsf
EXCLUDE mail*.box
INCLUDE \dir\ssssl.nsf  DOMINO-CRITICAL-MGMTCLS
INCLUDE \udir\ffffobj.nsf   DOMINO-CRITICAL-MGMTCLS
INCLUDE \udir\ppppq.nsf  DOMINO-CRITICAL-MGMTCLS
INCLUDE \udir\cccarc.nsf  DOMINO-CRITICAL-MGMTCLS
EXCLUDE mail\*

I can not understand why running this command from the C:\   prompt would
expire 3 of my extra version.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Robert