ADSM-L

Re: Tapes unavailable message

2004-12-20 16:33:47
Subject: Re: Tapes unavailable message
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:33:28 -0800
Things have gone from bad to worse in the past 2 hours. Have called support
and am still waiting for a call back even though I opened it sev1.

I am all of a sudden seeing numerous migration errors with the below
messages:

ANR9999D dfmigr.c(2907): ThreadId<126> Migration terminated for pool
NT_DPOOL - unexpected result code (16).
ANR1032W Migration process 12382 terminated for storage pool NT_DPOOL -
internal server error detected.
ANR0985I Process 12382 for MIGRATION running in the BACKGROUND completed
with completion state FAILURE at
13:06:28.

ANR8945W Scratch volume mount failed .
ANR1404W Scratch volume mount request denied - mount failed.
ANR1021W Migration process 12403 terminated for storage pool NT_DPOOL -
storage media inaccessible.
ANR0985I Process 12403 for MIGRATION running in the BACKGROUND completed
with completion state FAILURE at
13:27:53.

TSM 5.1.6.3
AIX 4.3.3

The tapes are available, in the library and not in use. Disk storage pools
are all online. I'm about ready to start ejecting a couple of these tapes to
have a physical look at them. This morning an operator gave me a tape that
did not have the plastic mount tab inserted properly in the tape so I don't
know if this is continuing with others too.

Scratch tapes are available in the library also.

Q vol U00786 f=d

                  Volume Name: U00786
             Storage Pool Name: NOTES_TPOOL
             Device Class Name: 3590CLASS
       Estimated Capacity (MB): 22,387.0
                      Pct Util: 100.0
                 Volume Status: Filling
                        Access: Read/Write
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
               Scratch Volume?: Yes
               In Error State?: No
      Number of Writable Sides: 1
       Number of Times Mounted: 5
             Write Pass Number: 1
     Approx. Date Last Written: 12/20/04 12:24:03
        Approx. Date Last Read: 12/20/04 06:30:35
           Date Became Pending:
        Number of Write Errors: 0
         Number of Read Errors: 0
               Volume Location:
Last Update by (administrator):
         Last Update Date/Time: 12/20/04 00:21:53

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC