ADSM-L

Does PreScheduleCmd work with Archives?

2004-12-20 16:27:10
Subject: Does PreScheduleCmd work with Archives?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:25:25 -0600
TSM Server 5.1.9.0 on AIX 5.2
TSM Client 5.1.6.0 on Windows 2000 SP4

I'm trying to launch a database archive job with a PreScheduleCmd option
included in the OPT file.  This is a special OPT file that is specified as
an option on the schedule command line:

     Action: Archive
-archmc=archtemp -subdir=yes

I see no evidence that the script file referenced in the OPT file is ever
being executed.  This is the option:

     PRESCHEDULECMD     'cmd.exe /c "d:\Oracle\database\idevhotbackup.cmd"
'

On a different server that also uses the PreScheduleCmd option, I get a
line in the dsmsched.log showing its execution:

     12/20/2004 02:11:54
     Executing Operating System command or script:
        cmd.exe /c "D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\BackupDB.cmd"
     12/20/2004 02:18:33 Finished command.  Return code is: 0

However, on the node in question, the dsmsched.log contains no such line.
It appears that it didn't even TRY to run the specified script.

Permissions look OK so it's not an NT permissions thing.  The syntax for
calling the scripts are the same on both servers.

There is nothing that I can see in the Windows client manual that says
that option is valid for backups only, so it should work for archives too.
 Is that really the case, or am I expecting TSM to do something that it
can't?

Thanks in advance.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator