ADSM-L

Re: Faulty Tape drive in 3582

2004-12-19 08:12:55
Subject: Re: Faulty Tape drive in 3582
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:12:41 -0500
On Dec 19, 2004, at 3:55 AM, Sandra wrote:

Dear All,
I have LTO 3582 attached on SAN, controlled by Win2k TSM Server at
5.2.3.
One of the two drives in the library have gone faulty and so many of my
operations fail.

Question:
1-How do I tell TSM to use only one tape? (Definitely no DRM untill
this is
fixed)
2- When the drive is fixed, how do I tell TSM again to start utilizing
that
tape?

The following is the error:
ANR8963E We were not able to find the path to match the Serial number
defined
for library library name and drive drive name .

the following is explanation that i found in messages document:
Explanation: A device has been swapped and we are not able to get the
new path.
System Action: .
User Response: None.

Kindly enlighten me.

Sandra

The Admin Guide section on Managing Drives ... Updating Drives ...
Taking Drives Offline explains such management. Use the UPDate DRive or
UPDate PATH command to put a drive or path offline while it is being
worked on.

  Richard Sims