ADSM-L

Re: Drives become unavailable

2004-12-17 00:40:26
Subject: Re: Drives become unavailable
From: "David N. Reiss" <dreiss AT MCHSI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:20:00 -0600
Hi there,

More info is needed.

* What are the messages in your activity log?
* What OS is it attached too?  If AIX, check the errpt.  If Windows check
your event viewer.
* How long do they work for after you make them available again?  Do they
break right away as soon as they use a tape, or it is specific tape(s)
causing the issue.  Bad Tapes can cause weird things to happen.
* What kind of drives are they, and what kind of library are they in?

Lots of things can cause a drive to go off-line.

-----
David N. Reiss        dreiss AT mchsi DOT com
Home: (309)/243-1504  Cell: (407)/325-7623
A paranoid is someone who has all the facts at his disposal.
                - William Burroughs