ADSM-L

POLICY SET Question

2004-12-15 13:05:45
Subject: POLICY SET Question
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:04:43 -0500
Good Afternoon.
I'm new to the policy sets and someone else set them up for the server.
I need to make a change to a Policy Set and was wondering if I needed to stop
and start the server for the change to take affect.
I need to change the Retain Extra Versions and Retain Only Version from 30 days
to 180 days(6 months).
If I go into the POLICY SET and drill down to "STANDARD Backup Copy Group" for
the policy and do a "Update Copy Group" and change from 30 to 180 will it take
affect immediately or do I need to be at the Policy Sets, Select "Validate
Policy Set", then "Activate Policy Set".  Also when I "Activate Policy Set"
does this move it to the "ACTIVE" so both are the same.
I need to keep all copies of the file for 180 days.
I'm running TSM 5.2.2 server on AIX 5.2.

Backup Copy Groups : UNIX6MONTH UNIX6_MONTH_POLICY UNIX6_MONTH_MGMT STANDARD
Policy Domain Name      UNIX6MONTH
Policy Set Name UNIX6_MONTH_POLICY
Mgmt Class Name UNIX6_MONTH_MGMT
Copy Group Name STANDARD
Versions Data Exists    NOLIMIT
Versions Data Deleted   NOLIMIT
Retain Extra Versions   30
Retain Only Version     30
Copy Mode       MODIFIED
Copy Serialization      SHRSTATIC
Copy Frequency  0
Copy Destination        DISKPOOL3
Table of Contents (TOC) Destination     -
Last Update Date/Time   2004-08-24 07:31:25.000000
Last Update by (administrator)  JONES
Managing profile        -

Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones