ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2.3.0 upgrade : reclamation problems

2004-12-10 10:56:30
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2.3.0 upgrade : reclamation problems
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:53:51 -0700
Carefully scan your activity log for messages between the time the
reclamation started and ended, especially warning and error messages. Look
specifically for any ANR9999D messages. Contact IBM technical support for
further assistance and report your findings to them (they should ask to
see your activity log from the timeframe I mentioned).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/10/2004
08:28:05:

> Does this look familiar to anyone ?
>
> After upgrading the TSM server (WIN2K,SP4) from 5.2.2.2 to 5.2.3.0
> the reclamation for our COPYPOOL_COLL reports
> unreadable files, sometimes even before it has accessed any tapes
> (see log message below).
>
>     203 Space Reclamation    Offsite Volume(s) (storage pool
COPYPOOL_COLL),