ADSM-L

Re: Newbie having NetWare issues

2004-12-09 11:39:44
Subject: Re: Newbie having NetWare issues
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:39:37 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Emeric, Mitchell
>Hi. I just set up a Novell 5.1 server with SP7. Followed the
>following steps to install DSMC Client on server...
>
>1.      TSM Desktop Client disc version 5.1.5
>2.      mounted CD as volume
>3.      loaded NWConfig > Product Options > Install a product
>not listed
>4.      path chosen LCD742001:\TSMCLI\NTW
>5.      installation program executed, chose default option plus web
>client
>6.      after installation completed, issued "search add
>SYS:\TIVOLI\TSM\CLIENT\BA" command
>7.      verified search path
>8.      when attempting to load DSMC.NLM the following output
>displays...SERVER 5.00-918: Loader cannot find public symbol:
>NetDBgethostbyname for module DSMC.NLM      Error processing External
>Records.         Module DSMC.NLM NOT loaded.

Please, *please*, folks. Use the online resources that are easily
available, and described in detail in the TSM FAQ (posted in this list
monthly, and findable in the mailing list archives at search.adsm.org).

Go to the IBM site, put the string NetDBgethostbyname in the search text
box. The first entry listed in the resultant web page describes the
problem exactly.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627