ADSM-L

Re: Question About Tapes In Lib as Private - But No History / Data On them

2004-12-09 10:57:07
Subject: Re: Question About Tapes In Lib as Private - But No History / Data On them
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:56:50 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Hart, Charles
>We have found a strange situation with Tapes in our library
>I'm hoping that some one could clarify what we are seeing...
>
>tsm: MSPSTG5>q libvol 3494lib1 i01448
>3494LIB1         I01448          Private
>
>Q vol States that TSM DB
>tsm: MSPSTG5>q vol I01448 f=d
>ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found using this criteria.

You have had a glitch with your library that has caused TSM to move an
empty scratch tape into the 'private' category without putting data on
it. This could have been caused by technical difficulties, or by someone
checking in a scratch tape with status=private (instead of
status=scratch).

Run

        upd libv 3494lib1 I01448 status=scratch

If it is truly an empty tape (doesn't belong to a storage pool, and
isn't a db backup tape), it'll flip to scratch status.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627