ADSM-L

TSM on Itanium HP-UX

2004-12-07 15:33:46
Subject: TSM on Itanium HP-UX
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:33:26 -0600
Hi,

Our HP-UX administrators have been successfully backing up a few Itanium
servers running HP-UX for some time now. They just took the files off a
PA-RISC box running HP-UX and copied them over, created a couple links,
and it worked. Now, they have a new box that needs backup and can't seem
to get dsmc running. He's copied the files over, using the same documented
procedure as the other servers, but when he launches dsmc it just sits
there and never connects.

Environment:
TSM Server              5.2.2.3
TSM Server OS           AIX 5.2ML4
Problem Host            HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 (HP-UX 11i V2) with August
and September 2004 patch bundles.
TSM Client              Both 5.2.3.0 and 5.2.0 HP-UX clients tried

Contents of dsmerror.log

12/07/04   10:19:26 shl_load() of
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/plugins/libPiIMG.sl failed, errno: 2
12/07/04   10:55:51 shl_load() of
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/plugins/libPiIMG.sl failed, errno: 2
12/07/04   12:54:13 shl_load() of
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/plugins/libPiIMG.sl failed, errno: 2
12/07/04   12:59:00 shl_load() of
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/plugins/libPiIMG.sl failed, errno: 2
12/07/04   12:59:41 shl_load() of
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/plugins/libPiIMG.sl failed, errno: 2

I looked on the IBM APAR page and found this
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC43128 APAR. It's the
only one I found with this particular error, but it doesn't match our
situation. Anybody know what's going on?

Here are the steps he took to get the client over to the problem system,
and the ones that work too.

1)       Copy the /opt/tivoli directory from a PA-RISC box to the Itanium
server.
2)      Copy the /etc/rc.config.d/tivoli file over to the Itanium server.
3)      Copy the /sbin/init.d/tivoli file over to Itanium
4)      Create symbolic links:
a.      ln -s /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm /usr/bin/dsm
b.      ln -s /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc /usr/bin/dsmc
c.      ln -s /sbin/init.d/tivoli /sbin/rc2.d/K800tivoli
d.      ln -s /sbin/init.d/tivoli /sbin/rc3.d/S800tivoli
Modify the $DSM_DIR/dsm.sys file to appropriate system name.

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com