ADSM-L

Re: Running Multiple tsm schedules for nt client

2004-12-02 16:07:07
Subject: Re: Running Multiple tsm schedules for nt client
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:06:50 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Killam, Perpetua
>Is this possible? We have tsm server 5.2 running on solaris
>5.8 , client(nas filesystem mounted on this) is on 5.2 as
>well. Inspection time for 7 million files takes 18hours
>
>The backups are rather slow, so I thought I split up the
>directories into different schedules and run them at the same
>time. I don't think its going to work, am looking for ideas?

This subject has been covered many times on this list. Go to the
archives at http://search.adsm.org and look there. The basic idea is to
create two nodenames (and their accompanying option files) for the TSM
client in question, and two scheduler services pointing at those option
files.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627