ADSM-L

Re: ANS5186E Server is downlevel

2004-12-02 15:54:07
Subject: Re: ANS5186E Server is downlevel
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:52:37 -0500
That combination (5.2.x client on a 2K3 system) requires a 5.2.x TSM
server for System State backups (or whatever it is now called)!

I think this is in the README !

"Levi, Ralph" <RLevi AT HESS DOT COM>
12/02/2004 03:45 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
ANS5186E Server is downlevel

I just installed a tsm 5.2 client on a Windows 2003 box and get this
message.

ANS5186E Server is downlevel, System Services and System State backup
disabled for this session.

My TSM server is running 5.1.9 (AIX 4.3.3).  I found a comment on google
to use "backupregistry no" but that didn't help.

Has anyone else encountered this and can help ?

Thanks,
Ralph