ADSM-L

Need to save permanent copy of all files currently being stored

2004-12-01 10:41:16
Subject: Need to save permanent copy of all files currently being stored
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:40:10 -0500
*SMers,

I have been ordered to create a permanent copy of one directory (including all
files and subdirectories that I currently have stored on TSM for a particular
client. These files currently have a 30 day retention, and many of them change
daily, so I have 30 copies of a number of these files.

What is the best way (any way) to move everything on the backed up directory
(both active and inactive files and folders) over to an archive that has no
limits on retention?  We currently do not utilize archives, only backups, so
this is my first experience in this area.  I've read the client and admin
reference, but I don't see anything that helps me achieve this.  Thanks for
your help!

-----
Kevin Kinder
558-5914  x1988