ADSM-L

Re: ANR0781E

2004-11-29 17:31:19
Subject: Re: ANR0781E
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:30:52 -0700
Well, the HELP for ANR0781E indicates this:

> ANR0781E Export/import command: Process aborted - server sign on failed.

> Explanation: The server export/import process encounters an internal
error
> in establishing an intermemory communications session with other server
> components.

> System Action: The export or import process ends and server operation
> continues.

> User Response: Contact your service representative.

This certainly suggests a cause of failure (can't establish connectivity,
in so many words)... is there some other specific information you would
like to see in the message text or explanatory information? One immediate
improvement comes to mind: the "User Response" section could suggest
checking the connection between servers.

As to the hung sessions: I would agree that those should not occur. If I
remember correctly, you've already got a PMR open for this... support
should continue to work with you to address that issue.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/29/2004
13:03:03: