ADSM-L

Re: read failure !

2004-11-29 09:52:46
Subject: Re: read failure !
From: goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:52:31 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Sims" <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 2:50 PM

ANS1228E Sending of object '/intermail/mss_db/mbox/18/db' failed
Read Failure
ok, the file is obviously corrupt on file system and we HAVE TO back it up
... how ?

Well, not "obviously" until you do the environmental problem analysis to
find out what the problem *actually* is: an OS error log may reveal that
there is a disk situation at play - which might be something as resolvable
as a loose cable or failed power supply, meaning that the disk and its
data may be intact but currently unreachable.

If all is well in the hardware and you have to satisfy someone's odd
insistence that the data be in TSM storage, an image copy may be able
to simply capture bits.  Of course, without resolution of the fundamental
issue involved here, the data would likely be pointless as a later
restoral candidate, unless the intention was future forensic analysis
rather than usage.

  Richard Sims

well it is corrupt because the logical volume cannont me mirrored coz of
this file,
but your idea is not bad ... i tried backup image and it fails ,
unfortunately the
file system must not be unmounted ....

thanks once again