ADSM-L

Re: missing data in summary table

2004-11-29 09:18:05
Subject: Re: missing data in summary table
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:17:53 -0700
> Until know, we expect that everybody in the world (except TSM
> developers) know that data in Summary table is not reliable at all.
>
> Andy??? (True or False)

As a blanket statement, I'd have to answer "false".

I am not personally aware of any problems in current code (and this
doesn't mean that, hypothetically, there aren't any), but historically TSM
server development is fully aware of past problems.

If you have specific problems with SUMMARY table information, then I
recommend that you:

- Consider the most current server maintenance. Check the README file to
see if any known problems are fixed in that level.

- Search the TSM support page
(http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html)
for problems that match your symptoms.

- Open a problem with IBM support.

With that said.. what problems are you currently experiencing with the
SUMMARY table, and which TSM server are you running?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/26/2004
13:27:58: