ADSM-L

Drive fault ?

2004-11-29 03:10:31
Subject: Drive fault ?
From: "Hashim, Shukrie BSP-ISM/116" <Shukrie.Hashim AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:10:13 +0800
Hi again all,

Why do you think this drive is very very stubborn? I make it online and it
becomes offline automatically ... 4 times already ... i ask my hardware
technician to look at it and he replaced the drive with a spare drive ... and
asked me to do

rmdev -l rmt2 ----> to make it DEFINED in unix devices
and then
mkdev -l rmt2 ----> to make it AVAILABLE again in unix devices

but still the drive goes offline automatically ... oh yeah .. I also have make
it path and drive online again and again ... just like what the log below says
... does anyone have any idea what is going on with this drive ... and can
anyone suggest me what to do with this drive ... please don't tell me to throw
this drive to the river ... ! hhehehehehe ...

11/29/04 14:16:45     ANR8848W Drive DRIVE3 of library 3494LIB is inaccessible;
                       server has begun polling drive.
11/29/04 14:37:47     ANR8471E Server no longer polling drive DRIVE3 in  library
                       3494LIB - path /dev/rmt2 will be marked off-line.
11/29/04 14:37:47     ANR8873E The path from source ADSM to destination DRIVE3
                       (/dev/rmt2) is taken offline.

Thanks

Shukrie