ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2003 / Exch 2003 Cluster error

2004-11-28 18:26:52
Subject: Re: Windows 2003 / Exch 2003 Cluster error
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:26:28 -0800
We had this message once when the Exchange administrators didn't make sure the
backup admins ID had the query right in in Exchange.  Have someone who
administers Exchange sign on and launch the TDP for mail to see if the error
occurs or not.  The manual lists the Exchange permissions required to backup
Exchange.  Or, you could also use a presched or postsched job to run the backup
and see if it works.

Adam Sulis <Sulis.AJ AT FORCES.GC DOT CA> wrote:
We have installed two Windows 2003 servers (named server59 and server60),
and established a MSCS clustered Exchange 2003 Server (named server66). When
we launch the TSM for Mail client, we get an ACN5238E error: Unable to
retrieve the domain
information for the Microsoft Exchange Server.

The DSM.OPT file has server66 as the nodename, Clusternode=yes, and the node
is created on the TSM server (standard policy domain, with all server
defaults). When launching the client, we specify the /excserver=server66
switch. We are launching the client on the server that currently owns the
Exchange server in the cluster.

I know the Shortcut switch works, because launching as above gives the
ACN5238 error, but if I change the server66 to a server67 (does not exist),
I get an Exchange Server not found (not running) error. TSM Server is 5.2.2
and TDPExch is 5.2.

Any ideas appreciated.

Adam Sulis
DNIS6-5