ADSM-L

Re: files larger than 4GB fail on NetWare client

2004-11-24 12:42:59
Subject: Re: files larger than 4GB fail on NetWare client
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:41:45 -0800
Thanks for the reply. We 're trying to archive all our Zen workstation
images and some of them happen to be over 4GB. Archive/Backup operations
look fine, normal speeds and conclude with no errors, but no more than
4GB is ever there. I've moved a test image over to AIX machine and no
problems there but we're mainly a NetWare shop. Ah well, thanks again.

Andrew

>>> JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM 11/24/2004 8:16:45 AM >>>
We have a similar issue. PMR 72319 in progress with tech support.

We are trying to read backupset file which is about 12GB in size on
Netware volume. It looks like that any size less than 4GB works OK,
but
if I create backupset larger than 4GB and move it to Netware volume it
doesn't work.

Trace file sent to support; waiting for answer.

Not much of a help; but just for you to feel that you are not the only
one with the problems.