ADSM-L

ANR3413E- DEFINE DRIVE

2004-11-21 05:36:40
Subject: ANR3413E- DEFINE DRIVE
From: chithirai selvan <vimal_surender AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:36:35 -0800
Hi,

i'm  getting error while defining the Magstart tape
3570 library it has 2 drive.

(i removed the Exabyte library and i try configuriing
Magstar 3570 library.(  pretty old setup.))

 i can able to define drives individually, it shows
element number 16 and 17. when i try to define the
second drive it saying error ur drive or element
conflicts with existing drive.

this is wht i done

define library ABLKLIB libtype=scsi
device=/dev/rmt1.smc

define drive ABLKLIB tape0 device=/dev/rmt0 element=16

when i defining the next one
it gives error

define drive ABLKLIB tape1 device=/dev/rmt1 element=17

ANR8419E DEFINE DRIVE: the drive or element conflict
with existing drive in library.

if any one exp this before please help me out

Thanx in advance,

Chithirai Selvan.R