ADSM-L

FW: Win2K LANFREE

2004-11-19 12:27:11
Subject: FW: Win2K LANFREE
From: "Thomas, Matthew" <Matthew.Thomas AT LLOYDSTSB.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:11:03 -0000
Folks,

OPENTEST environment
Server - TSM 5.2.3.0 on AIX 5.2
Client - Win2K with StorageAgent 5.2.3.0 and TDP for SQL 2.2
Library - 3494 ATL with two 3590 drives

We're currently testing our upgrade process to 5.2.3.x. I've succesfully
done an Oracle LANFree (TSM 5.2.3.0 on AIX 5.1) backup to our newly upgraded
TSM test server, so now we're attempting to test the Win2K SQL LANfree node.

TDPSQL backups are fine across the LAN, though when we set "ENABLELANFREE
YES" in dsmsta.opt, sessions are started on the server as expected and are
visible when the StorageAgent is interrogated (showing in MediaW state), but
the these mounts are never fulfilled.
The TSM server itself repeatedly mounts and dismounts the requested carts,
whilst a query of the storage agent shows the sessions in perpetual MediaW.
> Running 'q mount' on the StorageAgent shows the sessions as WAITING FOR
> VOLUME even though the tapes have been mounted by the TSM Server.
> The volumes are all fine - in read-write status.
Ultimately the LANFree backup fails with a SERVER MEDIA MOUNT NOT POSSIBLE
message.
Everything looks okay in the MMC - two tape devices are visible, the
expected WWNs and serial numbers are there too.

I'm stuck! Besides using the Wintel box for firewood, has anyone got any
ideas?

> 11/19/04   12:24:30      ANR1404W (Session: 763, Origin:
> SQLTTLTSBDC1067_STA)
>                           Scratch volume mount request denied - mount
> failed.
>                           (SESSION: 763)
> 11/19/04   12:24:30      ANR0514I Session 767 closed volume . (SESSION:
> 767)
> 11/19/04   12:24:30      ANR0409I Session 780 ended for server
> SQLTTLTSBDC1067_STA
>                           (Windows). (SESSION: 780)
> 11/19/04   12:24:30      ANR0525W (Session: 763, Origin:
> SQLTTLTSBDC1067_STA)
>                           Transaction failed for session 7 for node
>                           TSM_SQLTTLTSBDC1067_SQL (TDP MSSQLV2 NT) -
> storage media
>                           inaccessible. (SESSION: 763)
> 11/19/04   12:24:31      ANE4993E (Session: 766, Node:
> TSM_SQLTTLTSBDC1067_SQL)
>                           TDP MSSQLV2 NT ACO3002 TDP for Microsoft SQL
> Server: full
>                           backup of database OPENTEST from server
> SQLTTLTSBDC1067
>                           failed, rc = 418.  (SESSION: 766)
> 11/19/04   12:24:31      ANE4991I (Session: 766, Node:
> TSM_SQLTTLTSBDC1067_SQL)
>                           TDP MSSQLV2 NT ACO3008 TDP for Microsoft SQL
> Server:
>                           Backup of server SQLTTLTSBDC1067 is complete.
> Total SQL
>                           backups selected:               1   Total SQL
> backups
>                           attempted:              1   Total SQL backups
> completed:
>                                       0   Total SQL backups excluded:
>                           0   Total SQL backups inactivated:            0
>                           Throughput rate:                          5.61
> Kb/Sec
>                           Total bytes transferred:
> 1,850,880
>                           Elapsed processing time:                  322.01
> Secs
>                           (SESSION: 766)

q devc
             Device Class Name: 3494P4
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
            Storage Pool Count: 1
                   Device Type: 3590
                        Format: DRIVE
         Est/Max Capacity (MB):
                   Mount Limit: DRIVES
              Mount Wait (min): 60
         Mount Retention (min): 2
                  Label Prefix: ADSM
                       Library: LIB3494P4
> Matt Thomas

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee.  It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.  If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

evolvebank.com is a division of Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
Lloyds TSB Bank plc, 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN.  Registered in
England, number 2065.  Telephone No: 020 7626 1500
Lloyds TSB Scotland plc, Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street,
Edinburgh EH2 4LH.  Registered in Scotland, number 95237.  Telephone
No: 0131 225 4555

Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and represent only the
Scottish Widows and Lloyds TSB Marketing Group for life assurance,
pensions and investment business.

Signatories to the Banking Codes.