ADSM-L

Re: tape prob

2004-11-19 02:57:46
Subject: Re: tape prob
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:57:33 +0100
Hi,

Sounds charming trying to be helpfull theese days. :-)

It appears to me that you cant use that faulty tape, have you tested to
mount the tape in another drive? It´s quite simple, if you cant read the
tape... you cant move the data..... or force it to move.

What he also said was "If there are any errors use the "RESTORE STG"
command to repair the storage pool."
You can use 'restore vol 002081' or 'restore stg' as suggested assuming you
have a copypool if 'move data 002081' doesn´t work.

//Henrik

                    "Hashim, Shukrie

                    BSP-ISM/116"            To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <Shukrie.Hashim@        cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)

                    SHELL.COM>              Subject:     Re: tape prob

                    Sent by: "ADSM:

                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    2004-11-19 08:44

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

ok .. so what you are saying is that .. when I move the data from the
faulty tape to another ... tape ... I should do a restore stg .... right ..
! but .. My question was .. how can I MOVE DATA since everytime the tape is
inserted into the drives it couldn't read it ... and it will make the tape
READONLY ... and then ... after a few times trying it will make the tape
UNAVAILABLE >.... I thank you .. for telling me what I should do .. after
the data is moved ... but what I need is how can I FORCE move the data to
another tape ... !!

Regards
Shukrie