ADSM-L

Re: Archive and exclude

2004-11-18 09:53:57
Subject: Re: Archive and exclude
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:53:11 -0600
I may be misunderstanding what you want, but it sounds like you should
be doing the opposite.  Do one exclude that excludes everything, then do
specific includes for what you do want.  That way, when people add new
directories, they're automatically excluded unless you put in a specific
include for it.  As far as excluding for archives, it's slightly
different than for backups.

Rather than 'Exclude *:\...\*' , you would say 'Exclude.archive
*:\...\*' .

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> gilmorem AT OCLC DOT ORG 11/18/2004 8:33:36 AM >>>
First of all I want to let everyone know that I have been looking at
the
manuals and website :) Have not found my answer yet!

We are running an archive backup through a command line from a tivoli
5.2.2 client (windows). The command line only looks at the node name
and server is the dsm.opt file, not the include/exclude list. We are
trying to figure out how we can exclude directories in the archive. We
need to exclude because users are constantly adding directories, so we
need to use the exclude not include. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.