ADSM-L

Archive and exclude

2004-11-18 09:33:50
Subject: Archive and exclude
From: "Gilmore,Mindy" <gilmorem AT OCLC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:33:36 -0500
First of all I want to let everyone know that I have been looking at the
manuals and website  :)  Have not found my answer yet!

We are running an archive backup through a command line from a tivoli
5.2.2 client (windows).   The command line only looks at the node name
and server is the dsm.opt file, not the include/exclude list.   We are
trying to figure out how we can exclude directories in the archive.   We
need to exclude because users are constantly adding directories, so we
need to use the exclude not include.    Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.