ADSM-L

Re: Using a FC connected NetApp as a primary storagepool

2004-11-18 06:27:55
Subject: Re: Using a FC connected NetApp as a primary storagepool
From: Yiannakis Vakis <yiannakis.vakis AT ITD.BANKOFCYPRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:28:25 +0200
Daniel,
I'm using a netapp filer (FAS940) but my connection to it is thru ethernet
1GB connection. I have two disk storage pools in TSM defined on the filer.
We use iSCSI and the performance is acceptable.
FC is more expensive as a solution therefore if you already have it in place
you should use it. The filer is definitely performing fine.
Yiannakis