ADSM-L

Re: TSM server 5.2.3.4 removed from ftp site

2004-11-17 12:37:35
Subject: Re: TSM server 5.2.3.4 removed from ftp site
From: Nathan Reiss <Reiss_Nathan AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:38:02 -0600
We ran into the problem with 5.2.3.4 as well.  One of our servers crashed
after we upgraded to 5.2.3.4 within a couple of days.  We have installed it
on about six or seven servers total. Then we tracked the issue with
IBM/Tivoli support for a few days and found that 5.2.3.4 was the issue.
But we have only seen the one crash.

So, after looking at our options, we are continuing to run with 5.2.3.4 and
will upgrade to 5.2.3.5 more or less right away when it debuts.

The one change we made was to the server the crashed, as a work-around we
increased our "Resource Timeout" value from one-hour to two-hours.

I didn't want to have to down-grade install everything, and then upgrade
again right away.  So  we decided that since there was only one crash to
just plan for 5.2.3.5 in the next few weeks.

David N. Reiss
(309)/494-3749
TSM/Backup/SAN Engineer
Storage Management, Global IT
Caterpillar, Inc

             Nancy L Backhaus
             <Backhaus.Nancy@H
             EALTHNOW.ORG>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                                                  To
             Manager"                  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             <[email protected]                                          cc
             .EDU>

             11/17/2004 11:23
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: TSM server 5.2.3.4 removed from
             Please respond to         ftp site
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 12/17/2004
                                                Retention Category:  G90 -
                                                General
                                                Matters/Administration

We too ran 5.2.3.4 for 3 weeks before crashing once actually on 11/10.
Once we heard that the patch was pulled from the site & fix wasn't due out
until 11/22 we opted to go back to 5.2.3.3 for our environment.

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
Backhaus.Nancy AT HealthNow DOT org
Office: (716) 887-7979
Cell: (716)  609-2138

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
11/17/2004 11:53 AM