ADSM-L

Re: incremental backup

2004-11-17 10:48:05
Subject: Re: incremental backup
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:32:59 -0700
I concur with Wanda's comments already made on this thread.

As to why it is backing the files up again... something isn't right, but
the evidence is not clear.

1) Use QUERY NODE to confirm the policy domain name.

2) Query *all* backup copy groups in the policy domain and ensure that
none of them have a mode of ABSOLUTE. Make sure you check the copy groups
in the ACTIVE policy set.

3) Make sure you activated the policy set.

4) Are you sure the files are being bound to the management class you
think they are being bound to?

5) How certain are you that some part of the file didn't change (security
attributes, for example). There are no known defects in TSM where
incremental backup exhibits the behavior you are seeing. There is almost
certainly another explanation.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/17/2004
03:07:48: