ADSM-L

query bulk i/o

2004-11-16 09:26:38
Subject: query bulk i/o
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:21:21 -0600
Has this been resolved yet, in any version? There are a few posts about this
issue but I can't seem to find resolution.
My basic problem is that I want to write a script that removes export tapes
but I don't want it to run if the bulk I/O is full.
Funny, I can checkin tapes search=bulk so I know TSM knows the meaning of
bulk, why can't I "query bulk"?
I also struggle with daily DRM moves that will sometimes go over my allotted
10 I/O and leave tapes for me to find in the system, joy, joy. Nice add-on
for "untilfull", but not a viable solution.
I just want a way to see if any tapes are in the bulk I/O, is that too much
to ask???????
TSM Server 5.1.6.3
Windows 2K (this means I don't have tapeutil, AIX guys)
IBM 3584 Library
Thanks,
Mark Bertrand