ADSM-L

Re: Mac OSX 5.1.5.1 client dropping out

2004-11-16 03:24:41
Subject: Re: Mac OSX 5.1.5.1 client dropping out
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:22:52 +0000
Many thanks for that info Greg, i'll give it a whirl.

All the best

Farren Minns

Solaris System Admin / Oracle DBA
IT - Hosting Services

John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
The Atrium,
Southern Gate,
Chichester,
West Sussex PO19 8SQ.
Tel:  +44 (0) 1243 770406
Fax: +44 (0) 1243 775878
|+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------|
||   Greg <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM>        |

||   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor   |                                        |
||   Manager"                    |   To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
 |
||   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>      |           cc:

||                               |           Subject:        Re: Mac OSX  |
||   15/11/2004 18:06            |   5.1.5.1 client dropping out          |
||   Please respond to "ADSM:    |                                        |
||   Dist Stor Manager"          |                                        |
|+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------|

Hi,

I had trouble with the 5.1.x versions of the client as well running on
OS X 10.x.x. Upgrade to 5.2.3 and see if the issues still exist.

Also the 5.2.3 client for OS X has CAD (Client Acceptor Daemon) which
can be set up to start at boot time! I use CAD to manage the scheduler
on all of our OS X machines.

Since moving to CAD I no longer have any scheduler issues with daily
backups. Not to say that the 5.2.3 client for OS X is on par with other
platforms... but it is much more stable than any previous release.

Regards,

Greg

On Nov 12, 2004, at 6:25 AM, Farren Minns wrote:

Hi all

I'm having a problem with one of our Mac  servers (with 5.1.5.1
client), in
that when ever I try and do a restore, it gets a bit of the way through
and
then just freezes. When I look at the server activity log it says that
there was no communication from the client for 60 seconds.

Any ideas. The backups are working fine (well, when I say fine, I have
kill and restart the scheduler every single day! but part from that
it's OK
:)

Many thanks