ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Backup

2004-11-11 13:45:53
Subject: Re: Restoring Backup
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:45:36 -0500
Mark/Wanda:  Worked wonderful.
Just what I was looking for.

Thanks
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Prather, Wanda
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 11:34 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Mark is right on, using -virtualnodename is the best way to go.

But it is easier to authenticate using your TSM admin id (assuming your
TSM admin id has either SYSTEM level authority or TSM DOMAIN level
authority for the TSM domain that ABC belongs to).

When you enter dsmc -virtualnodename=ABC,
a box will pop up for you to put in the ABC password.

OVERTYPE the nodename ABC in the box with your TSM admin id, and for
password put in your TSM admin password.

It's much easier than changing passwords on the clients (our clients use
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE, so NOBODY knows what the passwords are on a
given day...)

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)