ADSM-L

Re: AW: Utility/reporting tool to list filesystems/drives not backed up

2004-11-11 11:12:05
Subject: Re: AW: Utility/reporting tool to list filesystems/drives not backed up
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:11:46 -0500
But none of these are doing what was originally asked for..which was to
reconcile the ACTUAL drives/mountpoints on the client with the filespaces in
TSM. These systems all report on filespaces known to TSM that haven't had a
successful backup in x-days. I've coded a daily report in the TSM
Operational Reporter to do that. Our procedures for a new client install are
that after the first successfull incremental backup the filespaces are
matched with the actual drives. Unless the admin were to add a drive to the
server and not give TSM access.....this is where change control would come
in.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.